OK, 30 days and nothing really exciting to report. At this rate, t will take me one and a half years to lose the freshman 15. That means I´m down like 1.5 pounds. The good news is it could have gone the other way. That´s what got me in this situation in the first place. The scale just eased it way up a little at a time. Do you know how to cook a frog. You just put it in cool water in a pan on the stove. It won´t jump out. Turn the heat on and bring the water to a slow boil. It doesn´t realize it´s happening until it´s too late. Now, I can´t say I didn´t realize the extra pounds were coming on. So that either makes me smarter than a frog because I noticed or dumber than a frog because I noticed and didn´t jump out.
At any rate, my trainer, who is also my daughter, challenged me to a ¨dry¨spell. No alcoholic beverages for the next 6 weeks. Being a competitor at heart and having watched too much Olympics, I took her up on it. So, for a woman who truly loves her glass or red wine )or white, or vodka), this is a desperate step. Let the 6 weeks of prohibition begin and let me approach it like a champion.....can I get a little flag waving and the Star Spangled Banner as I push my awareness up another notch,
Ps Pay no attention to the weird punctuation. I have my keyboard on Spanish and can´t seem to get it back to English.
No comments:
Post a Comment