Day 33
I can´t stop the voices in my head. Does anyone else have the same challenge? For those of you who read my last blog post, you know I am practicing prohibition. Yes, again (day 4 but who's counting). But....these voices keep interrupting all my positive thoughts saying things like "Öh, one little glas of wine would be OK"..¨ and "Life's too short to not enjoy a glass of wine!"...and "You really deserve the treat, you've been so good today". Anyway, you get the picture. I'm sure you all have your own little voices to contend with. Just feel free to fill in the blanks with your own personal vice (or pleasure as I like to think of it). Chocolate....bread.....pasta.....cake!
The question for today is "How do you deal with those voices in your head?" Seriously!! Giving in to them is really not the option of choice. Today at noon, as I write this, I'm pretty strong. Tonight at 8pm I will probably be hearing the entire chorus and they will be singing "Friends in low places".
My voices tell me I love you the way you are. Have the wine and enjoy life -- it's way too short! Brenda
ReplyDeleteThis is a great idea! Public accountability is VERY effective. :)
ReplyDeleteHey Aunt Janet don't loose hope you can do it if I can :)! 13 lbs so far.. another 72 to go :P. I understand how hard it is to say no to those voices. 'What's one glass of soda?' 'One piece of cheesecake won't kill me.' While I found suitible substitues for both of those things, wanting them doesn't go away. If quitting cold turkey on the wine is proving very difficult, try just cutting back, one less glass at a time till you're down to no glasses. Then go the 6 weeks alcohol free. If stopping something you love too much cold turkey was easy then we'd have a lot less smokers around. Keep up the good work and don't give up you can do this and you know it.
ReplyDelete