Like most people, I have fought the battle of the bulge my entire life. Today, I had an epiphany. I am not alone. Probably most of the poplulation is in the same boat. I am not really 60. I am 61. But who cares. This could apply if you are 25 or 75. Today, I am going to start getting rid of the freshman 15 (that has haunted me for 42 years) and am going to enlist a support group. It starts now!
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Bacon....the total commitment
Day 17 underway
So, a chicken and a pig were discussing what to make for breakfast (OK, come on play with me for a minute). The chicken says "It's obvious we should make eggs and bacon" However, the pig hesitated and begged for more time to consider other options. Frustrated, the chicken demanded an answer. After a moment the pig responded "Well, it's easy for you because you can just contribute. But, I have to be totally committed!"
I thought about this scenario last night at Sweet Adelines when a fellow chorus member asked me how the Freshman 15 was going. I've opened myself up to observation. Am I just contributing or am I totally committed? I have a friend who collects pigs and I always thought it was funny. Today, I wish I had one sitting in my kitchen window as a reminder that this isn't a phase. It's a total commitment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment