Thursday, July 26, 2012

Let them eat cake!!

For those of you who saw the picture of my baking spree on facebook and were concerned, I just wanted to assure you that I have made it through unscathed. Actually, there were two chocolate cakes and they both went in the freezer, as did most of the bread. Now I know that I said this blog was not going to be a record of what I eat. But, for the record, I have to tell you that the bread is my special whole wheat, high protein, high fiber bread and yes, it is yummy. It starts with quinoa and legumes (both cooked) and seasoned to taste and ends with  pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and poppy seeds. In between are honey, olive oil, wheat flax and 3 kinds of flour. It freezers beautifully and you can pop a loaf in the oven to heat up and impress your friends.  So, my thought for today....don't give up doing what you enjoy (or eating what you enjoy!)  This is a life journey.  Just don't eat the whole darn cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment