Like most people, I have fought the battle of the bulge my entire life. Today, I had an epiphany. I am not alone. Probably most of the poplulation is in the same boat. I am not really 60. I am 61. But who cares. This could apply if you are 25 or 75. Today, I am going to start getting rid of the freshman 15 (that has haunted me for 42 years) and am going to enlist a support group. It starts now!
Sunday, July 22, 2012
Yoda baby I need you
Day 15
My life mantra has always been "there is no try. Do or do not!" I owe it all to Yoda. It's how I raised my kids. It's what I tell my students. So....I have to ask myself, why am I not applying it to my own life.
Point in chief: I woke up this morning thinking "how much longer do I have to do this?" And, ofcourse "this" is to eat healthy and to eat with awareness. It's like a re-dawning everyday. Why it continues to come as a surprise to me when I hear my own voice say "this is for the rest of your life" is beyond me. OK, fine, it is only Day 15 and so it's not a habit yet. But somewhere not to recessed in my mind is this prevailing thought that this is only a phase that will soon be over. Then, I can go back to my wanton ways.
So, Yoda, turn up the volumne. I need to hear you say "This is your life. Do or do not."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment