Like most people, I have fought the battle of the bulge my entire life. Today, I had an epiphany. I am not alone. Probably most of the poplulation is in the same boat. I am not really 60. I am 61. But who cares. This could apply if you are 25 or 75. Today, I am going to start getting rid of the freshman 15 (that has haunted me for 42 years) and am going to enlist a support group. It starts now!
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Overwhelmed by tomatoes
Day 6
I am overwhelmed by tomatoes. They are everywhere. My garden could rival Mary Mary quite contrary. I haven't seen a tomatoe diet (I haven't looked either) but if there was one, I am stocked up. And so, I am eating them...in salsa, fresh slices, in tomatoe sauce (soon to cover whole wheat spaghetti). Oh, and did I mention my zucchini? Same story. The thing is, it is pretty easy to eat healthy when you are surrounded by good things. That's my heightened awareness today. That and the fact that I have a bottle of wine chilling. Like I said, "good things!"
PS: To those of you who were concerned, I did not faint from hunger today, but my stomach actually growled from hunger (not gas) That hasn't happened in a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment