Friday, July 6, 2012

It's beginning

OMG!  I feel committed.  Every morsel that has gone into my mouth today has had the tune from Fame ringing in the background.  You know the one (think music) "somebody, somebody, somebody's watching you.....".    Ofcourse, there are dueling voices in my head.  The other one whispers "you don't have to write it down, no one will know." 
Well, the point is to be as transparent as possible.  Sorta like our government is with spending, right?  Just kidding!  Anyway, I am not going to list what I eat everyday on this blog...at least that is not the plan today.  But I am going ahead with the premise that somebody is watching what I eat.  And, right now that somebody is me.  The bigger purpose in my mind is to really confront those 15 pounds and find out why I've been fighting them for so many years....and hopefully win the war.
The epipheny for this blog came on my 5th lap which I was intervaling (is that a word?) with 1 minute on the rowing maching.  That was my big finale to my workout this morning.  So, yes, I'm working out.  Score one for day one!

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing about your journey and even participating in it as much as you need. You're an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you ready to lose 15 pounds of yourself? What would you feel like with 15 pounds less of yourself? Something you have gone without, but has come back again... PS- I think you should track most of your meals and workouts. (Yup, that's your trainer talking.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan Thomas-ButlerJuly 10, 2012 at 7:10 PM

    Janet...I'm so excited you have a blog. I love your spunk and humor and look forward to reading it. I too could lose 15 lbs. This summer, I have dieted for the 1st time ever. It's one through my work called the "4 Day Diet" however, it's really 28 days. I always thought if I exercised I could maintain my weight but after 40 my metabolism has slowed way down. I have been missing my sweets and pop! Good luck my friend!

    ReplyDelete